Saturday, July 23, 2011

No Sew Saturday!!!



So today I wanted to work on something that would allow me to use up a tshirt that my mom was throwing away, it had a lot of pilling so I wanted to make something where you wouldnt really notice this. I have seen tons of website tutorials for necklaces made from tshirts cut into strips so I felt like this might be a good project to try it out on. The first thing that I did was lay my shirt out on my cutting mat and using my rotary cutter cut off the hem and than cut twelve to thirteen 1" strips.




Once I had all of my strips cut up I began to stretch each loop. Once they are stretched they curl in on themselves and look like yarns. Once I had all of the stretched I gathered them all together as shown below with my kitten that thinks these are for her to play with!! I saved one to the side so that I could tie them all together.



After all of the loops are gathered together I used my extra strip to tie my loops together. I tied it one time and then began wrapping it tightly around the loops and then tied off the end and tucked it into my strips. The following picture is after I finished the wrapping.


I also decided to make some handrolled flowers and put them on pins so that I could add them to the necklace or leave them off. I cut one more long strip of the same thsirt fabric and than two smaller strips from a black tshirt that I had previously cut up.









Here are some pictures of the finished project!!! Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment